- Textile Arts
- Paper Crafts
- Recycled Crafts
- Other Projects
- Craft Supplies
Last update: 16/01/2020 Version: 2.0
1. Data controller
The data controller that is responsible for the processing of your personal data is guidepatterns.com (“we”, “us”, and “our”).
2. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data or a text file that is downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you access certain websites. Cookies may contain text that can be read by the web server that delivered the cookie to you. The text contained in the cookie generally consists of a sequence of letters and numbers that uniquely identifies your computer or mobile device; it may contain other information as well.
3. What types of cookies are there?
There are several types of cookies, namely:
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about the use of the website, such as pages visited, traffic sources, users ’interests, content management, and other website measurements.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies enable the website to remember a user’s choices – such as their language, user name, and other personal choices – while using the website. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user make a blog post, listen to audio, or watch videos on the website.
- Marketing cookies. These cookies allow website operators to create, implement, and examine their digital marketing campaigns. Such cookies allow them to reach the right customers, analyse the productivity of their marketing campaigns, and offer you personalised advertisement.
- Advertising or targeting cookies. These cookies are usually placed and used by advertising companies to develop a profile of your browsing interests and serve
advertisements on other websites that are related to your interests. You will see less advertising if you disable these cookies.
- Session Cookies. These cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they browse a website. Session cookies also permit users to be recognized as they navigate a website so that any item or page changes they make are remembered from page to page. Session cookies expire after a browser session; thus, they are not stored long term.
- Persistent cookies. These cookies are stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a site (or, in some cases, across different sites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using a website or to target advertising to them.
4. Cookie consent
5. What cookies do we use and for what purposes?
- Identifying the areas of our Website that you have visited;
- Personalising content that you see on our Website
- Our Website analytics;
- Re-marketing our products or services to you;
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details;
- Targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests;
- Affiliate marketing;
- Allowing you to post comments; and
- Allowing you to share content with social networks.
The table below provides an overview of cookies used by us on the Website, including their purpose and expiration time.
6. Interest-based advertising
We may place targeted interest-based advertisements on the Website as a part of the advertising network Google AdSense. Such advertisements are generated on the basis of your use of the Website and the data generated by your cookies. You can control how such advertisements are shown to you or opt-out from targeted advertising by consulting the guide powered by the Digital Advertising Alliance available at https://youradchoices.com and Network Advertising Initiative available at https://www.networkadvertising.org.
7. Disabling cookies
You can manage the acceptance or rejection of cookies on your browser, according to the additional information provided on the below listed links. Please keep in mind that any settings on your browser, regarding the refusal of necessary cookies will likely influence your browsing experience on our Website, or even might prevent the usage of some or all of our services. In such a case, we accept no liability for the consequences of the poor functioning of our Website and our services resulting from the refusal or deletion of cookies.
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how to change your selection for cookies:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows- vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Google Chrome:
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
The following links may also provide you with information on how to opt-out from certain types of cookies:
- Google Analytics Cookies: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Facebook cookies: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Twitter cookies: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170518-use-of-cookies- and-similar-technologies-by-twitter
- Pinterest cookies: https://policy.pinterest.com/cookies
- LinkedIn cookies: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy?_l=en_US
- DoubleClick cookies: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated You may also learn more by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/en/about- advertising-content and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/en/controling-its-cookies/ .
Finally, some cookies are deposited by third-party providers for the purpose of personalised advertising. You can also click on the following links to learn more about their practices and exercise your choices (keep in mind that this list is only partial and includes industry leaders which are likely to be found on our Website, notice list might change from time to time):
- Rubicon Cookies: http://www.rubiconproject.com/privacy/consumer-online- profile-and-opt-out/
- DoubleClick for Publisher Cookies: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated
- AppNexus cookies: http://appnexus.com/en/company/platform-privacy-policy-en
- Cookie weborama: https://weborama.com/en/respect-of-the-private-life/
- Cookie Index Exchange: http://www.indexexchange.com/privacy/
- BREALTIME (CPXI): http://www.brealtime.com/privacy-policy/
8. Web Beacons
We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of our Website and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behaviour of our customers, members, and visitors.
9. Google Ad and Content Network Privacy Notice
You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices . If your are based in Europe, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
10. Google Analytics Privacy Notice
Our Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our Website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our Website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our Website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyse traffic, re-market our products and services to users, improve our marketing, advertising, and to improve our Website. We have enabled Google Analytics advertising features such as re-marketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google
Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our Website, not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with your personal data.
Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our Website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our Website. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies /privacy/partners .
You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
11. Flash Cookies Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player is a computer application that allows the rapid development of dynamic content using Flash computing language. Flash (and similar apps) remembers the settings, preferences, and usage of this content through technology similar to cookies. However, Adobe Flash Player manages this information and your choices by an interface different from that provided by your browser.
Since your device might be able to view content developed with Flash, we invite you to access your Flash cookie management tools, directly from the site http://www.adobe.com/en .
12. Do not track
You can set your browser to send a code indicating the websites you do not want to be followed (“Do not track” option).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet- explorer/use-tracking-protection#ie = ie-11
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft- edge-and-privacy
- Apple Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11952
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114836
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en/kb/how-to-activate-option-not-pas- pister
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/en/notrack.html
13. Google reCAPCHA
We have implemented reCAPCHA, the service provided by Google (Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) to verify whether you are a human being and not a robot. It helps to protect the Website against spam and abuse. The reCAPTCHA analyses take place in the background. When you use reCAPCHA, Google will collect some personal and non-personal data from you, such as:
- All cookies set to your browser by Google in the last 6 months;
- Information about your mouse clicks;
- CSS information of the Website;
- Browser language;
- Any plug-in installed in the browser; and
14. Contact us
Contact form: https://www.guidepatterns.com//contact-us