44 Star Quilt Patterns
If you love quilting, you are likely to get spoilt for choice with the plethora of patterns that are available online as well as offline. Of them, the star quilt pattern would win you over with its versatility and uniqueness. There can be different styles of modern and classic star quilts like the lone star, ribbon star, lucky star, etc.
This hunter’s star quilt pattern is for beginners. It uses easy half-square triangle units. The measurement of the finished quilt is 72 inches by 84 inches.
2. Star of Bethlehem Quilt Pattern
The bright assortment of colored fabric pieces used in making this quilt makes it stand out. The strip piecing technique allows it to be made quickly.
This star quilt is made with square and triangular pieces of fabric. The quilt uses a quarter-inch seam allowance.
4. Free Lone Star Quilt Pattern
The above tutorial includes a free PDF pattern and video guide. It looks pretty complicated but can be made easily, in reality.
5. Lone Star Quilt Pattern DIY
A 30-inch lone star quilt block forms the base of this quilt. The perfectly pieced diamonds look complex but are actually pretty easy to make.
If you want to make a classic quilt with a rich history, you could try out your hand at an Ohio star quilt pattern.
7. Free Hunters Star Quilt Pattern
You can make this quilt with varying patterns of seams with the basic structure remaining the same. The patchwork quilt can make a great present.
8. Carpenter Star Quilt Instructions
This is an easy version of the classic carpenter star quilt that uses 10-inch squares of precut fabric. It is also known by the name star of Bethlehem quilt.
9. Pattern for Carpenter Star Quilt
This easy pattern can be made very fast. Each square is made from 2 diagonal triangles that are sewn together.
10. Pattern for Hunters Star Quilt
You can recreate the look of a hunter star quilt by replacing the diamond shapes with simple half-square triangle units.
11. Vibrant Oh My Stars Quilt Pattern
Though this is essentially a star quilt, the design gives the look of fall leaves, doesn’t it? Both the front and back of this quilt look good.
12. Star Flower Quilt Block Pattern
To make this beginner-friendly 12-inch block, you need to use flying geese units and a square. It is an 8 point star quilt block that is also known as sawtooth star quilt block.
13. Gorgeous Star Quilt Pattern for Free
You would be bowled over by the looks of this square in a square star quilt block. It uses flying geese units. One block measures 14-inch by 14-inch.
14. Colorful Friendship Star Quilt
This mini star quilt is made out of scrappy fabric. It needs some planning and careful piecing for getting this project perfectly.
15. Charming Ohio Star Quilt Block
This contemporary star quilt block tutorial would inspire you to make star quilts all the year round. You can use it to keep you warm and remind you of a bygone era.
16. Free Carpenter Star Quilt Pattern for You
This project can be done by people who have an intermediate knowledge of quilting. Each block measures 16-inches by 16-inches.
17. Easy Baby Star Quilt Patterns
These baby star quilts feature a lone star or Lemoyne star and a morning star or ribbon star quilt blocks that can be made very easily and quickly.
18. Cute 8 Point Star Quilt Pattern
19. Friendship Star Quilt Block Pattern
20. Lovely Mexican Star Quilt Pattern
21. Texas Star Quilt Pattern for You to Try
22. Pattern for Confetti Star Quilt
23. DIY Lemoyne Star Quilt Pattern
24. Pattern for North Star Quilt
25. Sawtooth Star Quilt Pattern
The sawtooth star quilt block showcases a classic 8-pointed star. It also features fast-flying geese. The mini quilt would be great for interior décor.
26. Pattern for Spinning Star Quilt
27. Pattern for Barn Star Quilt
28. Easy Star Quilt Block for You
29. Pattern for Feathered Star Quilt
30. Pattern for Star Log Cabin Quilt
31. Free Morning Star Quilt Pattern
This wonky star quilt is for beginners. You would love to bring the beautiful night sky to your home by making this one.
You can make this festive Amish star quilt for a mother who is expecting in fall. The exploding star shapes lend it a unique touch.
34. Pattern for Broken Star Quilt
This broken star log cabin quilt pattern can be made in both large and small sizes. You can make it in shades of navies, blues and lights.
35. Pattern for Evening Star Quilt
If you know paper piecing, then that definitely helps in making this quilt. The tutorial comes replete with cutting instructions.
36. Lucky Stars Pattern for You to Quilt
37. Cool Modern Lone Star Quilt Pattern
38. Unique One Big Star Quilt Pattern
39. Free Printable Ribbon Star Quilt Block Pattern
41. Blue Scrappy Star Quilt Pattern
42. Pattern for Shooting Star Quilt
43. Woven Star Pattern to Quilt
44. Pattern for 6 Point Star Quilt
Now that you have a collection of varied patterns in your kitty, you need to get working on a star quilt of your choice. It really helps if you have a stash of scrap fabric leftover from earlier sewing projects at your disposal.
Published on February 17th 2021 by Peyton Derrida