30+ DIYs to Make a Boutonniere for Different Occasions
A boutonniere made of real or faux flowers would be a perfect pick for your man to wear on his tuxedo or jacket suit’s lapel. Choose fresh flowers like rose, carnation, or baby’s breath or even make an artificial one using ribbons, laces, or burlap. The tutorials that follow give an insight into the innovative ways of making a boutonniere.
1. Interesting DIY to Make a Boutonniere with Real Flowers
The black and white striped ribbon gives the boutonniere an elegant look.
2. DIY to Design a Simple Wedding Boutonniere
The rosemary along with the rose makes it look appealing. You may even add a few baby’s breaths to it.
3. Easy Steps to Make a Pretty Boutonniere
You could choose different floral combinations to design lovely boutonnieres for the male guests at the wedding,
4. DIY Silk Flowers Boutonniere
If you do not desire to discard the boutonniere after one-time use, then making it with faux flowers would be a great idea indeed. Choose the flowers in a way that match the color of the suit or tuxedo.
For a sports fanatic, a replica of a football inside a boutonniere would indeed be fun, just like the one shown in the picture below.
5. Instructions to Make a Corsage and Boutonniere for Prom from Fake Flowers
This matching corsage and boutonniere would be a perfect pick for the boy and the girl to wear to prom night. Go for white faux flowers or even real ones if you plan to make them for the bride and groom.
6. Paper Rose Boutonniere from Music Sheet Tutorial
The paper flower made from a music sheet is indeed an innovative idea for a boutonniere. Adding embellishments to the paper rose would give it an enticing look.
Another flower suited for a summer or spring wedding or even prom would be a daisy. Following the steps given in the above DIY, you could design an excellent daisy boutonniere like the one shown in the image below. You may add ribbons or even other flowers to it for a magnificent appeal.
8. DIY for a Groom’s Boutonniere
A bouquet of roses arranged as boutonniere would be a great pick for the groom.
9. Burlap Rose Boutonniere DIY
Adding white beads would make it all the more enticing.
10. Carnation Boutonniere Tutorial
For a spring wedding, a carnation flower boutonniere is an excellent idea.
11. How to Make a Boutonniere with Succulents
You could tie a burlap ribbon to the succulent for a rustic appeal.
12. Red Rose Boutonniere Directions
The blend of red rose and baby’s breath enhances the gorgeousness of this boutonniere.
13. DIY Necktie Fabric Boutonniere
What better way can you recycle your necktie than making it into an elegant boutonniere. This piece would serve as an excellent Father’s Day gift.
Attach a pearl at the center to enhance its look to the fullest.
15. Rose Boutonniere Directions
16. Boutonniere with Baby Socks for Baby Shower
Making a boutonniere with baby socks seems an ideal gift for the father-to-be. You could make a combination of pink and blue boutonnieres if the gender of the to-be-born isn’t yet revealed.
17. Easy and Simple Paper Flower Boutonniere DIY
18. Making Your Own Boutonniere for Prom and Homecoming
While arranging the boutonniere, make it a point to place the main flower, in this case, rose, in the middle. Wrapping it with a satin ribbon intensifies its beauty to the fullest.
19. Quick DIY for Baby’s Breath Boutonniere
The fern and dusty miller stem behind complete the bunch.
A seashell boutonniere would be perfect for a beach wedding.
Orange roses and blue hydrangeas attached to a wine cork makes for a unique boutonniere as shown here.
21. Boutonniere for a Funeral or Memorial Service
22. How to Make a Ranunculus Boutonniere
The white ribbons around the ranunculus add to its charm.
Following the above tutorial, you could make a boutonniere with tulip, and wrap it with a band or ribbon.
24. Homemade Christmas Boutonniere Tutorial
The combination of green and red brings in the perfect Christmas fervor.
25. Classic White Boutonniere DIY
26. A Unique Autumn Wedding Boutonniere for Groom
The hemp string used for wrapping the boutonniere give it a rustic look.
27. Lavender and Mint Boutonniere DIY
Lavender and mint gives it an aromatic feel.
28. Easy DIY for Fabric Boutonniere
If planning a boutonniere for Halloween, go for black fabric.
29. DIY to Make a Cute Feather Boutonniere
The crochet doily and buttons make the boutonniere look increasingly beautiful.
You may even attach a small seashell at the center to bring out the beach feel.
These amazing tutorials would help in making a boutonniere for any special or auspicious occasion with flowers, real or artificial, or anything else in accordance with the theme. You could simultaneously make a corsage also to create a complete pair for a wedding or prom.
Published on June 8th 2020 by Miranda Gibbs
Leave a Reply