24+ Unique DIYs to Make a Kite
If flying kites is one of the favorite pastimes you and your family dote on, then learning how to make colorful and bright ones at home may surely be on your priority list. Most kites are diamond-shaped, made of newspaper or tissue paper, though there may be variations. The following DIYs would give you an insight on how to make a kite at home.
1. How to Make a Kite at Home with Newspaper
Adding colorful satin ribbons would make for a fantastic tail for your newspaper kite.
2. Easy DIY to Make a Kite with Tissue Paper
Be at your creative best while adding innovative designs to the front of your kite.
The bamboo plant would serve as a great spar, providing a firm base to your kite.
4. Easy Instructions to Make a Box Kite
These box kites are unique to make, though designing them could be a little tedious.
5. Simple DIY to Make a Diamond Kite
6. Simple Way to Make a Delta Kite
This kite has plastic bags as its base, and the long tail absolutely complements the delta-shaped kite.
7. Fun Mini Paper Kites for Kids DIY
The small colorful kites would be something your kids will definitely enjoy.
8. How to Make a Kite Out of a Plastic Bag
Arranging the sticks in shape, tracing the outline on a plastic bag and adding a tail to it would help in making a pretty plastic bag kite.
9. How Do You Make a Kite with Newspaper Paper and Sticks
You may color the kite and add decorations to it.
10. Easy DIY to Make an Eagle Bird with Platic Bags Kite at Home
Attaching a long satin ribbon would add brightness to the eagle.
11. DIY to Make a 3D Tetrahedral Kite
The pyramid structure gives the kite a 3D effect.
12. Bamboo Traditional Kite DIY
13. Paper Kites for Kids Without Sticks DIY
You could also add exciting designs to the kite to enhance its brightness.
If you have upcycled fabrics, then design it into a fabulous kite.
15. Homemade Paper Kite for Preschoolers
You could go for a Santa Claus or snowflake design if making it for Christmas.
16. HandmadeBat Kite Instructions
If making it for Halloween then you could make the kite black in color with white horns.
17. Pretty Heart Kite for Valentine’s Day
You could also cut red tissue or craft paper accordingly into a heart to make a heart-shaped kite.
18. How to Make a Hexagonal Kite
This DIY would help in making a jellyfish kite, though, for the top, the round part may be replaced with a diamond shape to replicate a kite.
20. Directions to Make a Flying Origami Kite
21. How to Make a Small Kite Out of Recycled Mailers
For a pocket-sized kite, you would need to make one of a smaller size.
22. DIY to Design a Prism Kite
23. Step by Step Instructions to Make a Rokkaku Kite
This tutorial would be of great aid to beginners, helping them design a six-cornered or rokaku kite. The light plastic bag would help in accommodating the shape given in the template.
If you are looking for a kite that would fly consistently even in extreme weather conditions, then the sled kite would be a perfect choice.
These excellent ideas would certainly help you in making kites of diverse designs. If planning to make one for a part of your kid’s project or just for fun then a simple paper kite with innovative decorations would do. However, in case, you want your kite to soar high then a sled or delta kite would be a perfect choice.
Published on September 18th 2019 by Miranda Gibbs
Nice Design Of Kites. Good Creativity.