37+ Creative Easter Egg Decorating Design Ideas
Decorated Easter eggs can be a fab dinner table centerpiece and can also be displayed elsewhere in your house for the holidays. You can put them in decorative Easter baskets to give your home décor a facelift. It would be fun to involve the whole family in the activity. Preschoolers, toddlers, teens can design eggs at home or in school. Tweens would love to design for their boyfriends or husbands. All in all, it would be a wonderful experience as you anticipate the warmer months.
1. Mess-Free Easter Egg Decorating
These charming Easter eggs designs are made by wrapping them with colorful washi paper. It involves no dying. The tutorial includes instructions for emptying the eggs out.
2. Chocolate Easter Egg Decorations
These yummy hand-decorated Easter eggs are coated with chocolate. You need to melt white or dark chocolate in a bowl, let cool and put the runny liquid in a piping bag. Then just put the chocolate in zig-zag lines over the hard-boiled eggs.
3. Awesome Easter Egg Decorating Idea
Permanent markers of various colors are the main supplies of these decorative Easter eggs. The eggs for the project should be white with their white portion and yolk blown out. You can make different patterns like football, cars, zentangle on the eggs. A cracked egg design would be unique. Note that symmetrical designs often make the eggs look good.
4. Flower Easter Egg Decorating Idea For Adults
This DIY requires hard boiled brown eggs, decorative paper and fresh flowers. It doesn’t require you to dye. It is pretty simple and you can include children in the process if you want.
5. How Do You Decorate Easter Eggs
This Czech-style hand-painted eggs are made with beeswax and permanent dyes. You can make multi-colored and patterned eggs using the video tutorial and written instructions of the above-linked article.
6. Idea for Decorating Plastic Easter Eggs
7. Homemade Easter Egg Decorating Idea
These geometric-printed eggs would be fun to make for Easter. You can follow the process with both dyed and undyed eggs.
8. Unique Easter Decorating With Hard Boiled Eggs
These beautiful flamingo and swan eggs are made by cutting out the neck and wings from cardstock and gluing them on to the painted Easter eggs. Note that only the flamingo egg is painted pink. The swan egg is left white.
9. Easy Way of Decorating Easter Eggs with Sharpies
Just a sharpie and hard-boiled Easter eggs are all you need to do these quirky designs. Let the little ones use their imagination as they decorate the eggs. They would be glad to get a canvas for doodling.
10. Easter Egg Designs for Kids
11. Cool Easter Egg Lego Designs
These colorful Lego designs are pretty cool, aren’t they? They are made with temporary tattoo paper that can stick to hard boiled eggs as well as your skin!
12. Fancy Easter Egg Design Ideas
These eggs are created in 3 techniques. One uses chalk crayons for making the patterns, another uses highlighters and the third, stickers!
You can also hand-paint the faces of Star Wars characters on the eggs.
13. Easy Floral Easter Egg Designs
You can paint eggs in bright colors and attach craft stickers to them. Dotting them with flower stickers would be a cool idea.
14. Cute Easter Bunny Egg Designs
These cute Easter bunny eggs are made by combining water, food coloring and vinegar in a bowl, dipping the lower half of the eggs in the dye, allowing to dry and drawing the bunny face with black crayon.
You can make ombre Easter eggs by placing eggs in cartons with their bottoms facing up and giving them a quick spray paint in colors of your choice.
16. Cool Easter Egg Design Idea
This vibrant Easter egg is made with a handful of nonpareil sprinkles that are attached to the egg with glue. You can use sprinkles of any color on the eggs.
17. Easter Egg Dyeing Ideas with Food Coloring
These eggs are dyed in a mixture of food coloring, hot water and vinegar. For more intense colors, you can use tiny quantities of food coloring pastes and gels. You can also create patterns with rubber bands, tapes and stickers.
18. Neat Easter Egg Painting Idea
These beautiful Easter eggs are made with gentle brushstrokes of acrylic craft paint. You can choose a color scheme and mix paints to get an unconventional color.
You can also hand paint plain white eggs for making Superhero designs. Other cartoon characters like Spongebob, Avengers, Harry Potter, Pokemon, Humpty Dumpty, Ninja Turtle can also be painted on the eggs.
19. Toddler Melted Crayon Easter Egg Decorating Idea
For this project, you need to grate crayons onto paper, hard boil your eggs and put the crayon shavings onto the eggs while they are still warm. They would melt in swirls over the eggs.
20. Cute Tissue Paper Easter Egg Decorating Idea
These charming Easter eggs have been created with green dye and a fine black marker. You can use red tissue paper for the decorations at the top.
21. Easter Bunny Egg Decorating Idea
You can make the Easter bunny character by using paper mache eggs, pink acrylic paint and a black sharpie. The bunny ears are cut out of felt while the nose is made of a mini pom pom. The other animal character design made is that of a chick. You have to use yellow acrylic paint for it. The wings are made with yellow feathers.
A Hello Kitty pattern looks charming on the white eggs. The ribbon drawing at the top of the head can be filled with bright colors.
22. Marbled Easter Egg Decorating With Cool Whip
23. Creative Way of Decorating Easter Eggs WithCrayons
24. Flower Decorated Vintage Design of Easter Eggs
25. Frog Easter Egg Hand Decorating
26. Simple Idea for Decorating Minion Easter Eggs
27. Fancy Easter Egg Decorating With Oil
28. Funny Emoji Easter Egg Decorations
29. Decorated Wooden Easter Eggs
30. How to Decorate Styrofoam Easter Eggs With Fabric
These decorated eggs are made by wrapping colorful Easter fabric around foam eggs. Mod Podge is used for a firm attachment. You can also do this project with polystyrene eggs. Large as well as mini eggs can be decorated using the technique.
31. Speckled Easter Egg Decorating With Rice
32. Ceramic Easter Eggs Decorations with Nail Polish
The decorative ceramic easter eggs have been given a marble effect with nail polish. You need to make a pattern of nail polish in a container and roll the eggs in the liquid. They have the looks of dinosaur eggs. For a shiny look, you can use a golden color of nail enamel.
33. Tie Dyeing To Decorate Easter Eggs with Shaving Cream and Food Coloring
34. Angry Birds Themed Easter Egg Decoration
35. Fun Idea to Decorate Easter Eggs with Silk Ties
This Easter egg tie dying idea is done with silk ties. You need to wrap the eggs with the small pieces of silk with their printed sides facing the shell. Then immerse them in a water and vinegar solution and boil for the decorative patterns.
36. Classic Decorated Blown Easter Eggs
37. Disney Easter Egg Decorating Idea
This DIY uses sticker dots and pink dye to transform plain white eggs into beautiful, polka-dotted Minnie Mouse themed ones.
The kid-friendly tutorials have tips and tricks for designing real as well as fake eggs. When you are dyeing your eggs, you can keep the colors as natural as possible. We are sure that the designs would ‘egg’ you on to create exciting designs for the holiday season.
Published on March 20th 2019 by Peyton Derrida
Leave a Reply