20 Free Patterns to Make a Quilted Tote Bag
The technique of quilting achieved by stitching two or more fabrics together is indeed effective in making a whole lot of stuff like placemats, blankets, table runners and much more. If you are fond of tote bags and love carrying them on a shopping spree then here are some amazing and unique tutorials on how to make quilted tote bags by attaching bits of fabrics together through quilting.
1. DIY Fabric Basket Quilted Tote Free Pattern
This pretty pink spacious bag would be your perfect companion on a shopping spree. You can either go for a zipper or even use a magnetic closure.
2. Free Pattern to Make a Quilted Tote Bag
The topstitching technique done with the help of a straight stitch makes it more durable so that they will not strain even if it has heavy stuff within.
3. Directions to Make a Fabric Quilted Tote Bag
The light blue strips of fabric in the front appearing like a pocket makes the bag look even more unique.
4. Large Strappy Quilted Tote Bags with Pockets Tutorial
The presence of pockets in the interior and exterior make this bag of great utility. The leather straps as shown here can also be replaced by thrifted handles or attractive fabric straps (perhaps from the leftovers of the material used in making the bags).
5. Handmade Reversible Rag Quilt Tote Bag
While one side appears shabby and rustic, the other side has a chic look.
6. Instructions to Make a Simple Six Pocket Quilted Summer Infant Bag
If you are planning to use this bag for your LO’s stuff then a magnetic closure instead of zip would be more feasible, as every time you are with your kiddo, opening the zip could be a little tedious.
7. Dress Stitchery Quilted Tote Bag DIY
The embroidered dress pattern running through the middle makes it look increasingly gorgeous.
8. Free and Easy Pattern to Make a Large Quilted Tote Bag
9. ReverseApplique Quilted Tote Bag Monogram Tutorial
This tutorial shows you the technique to add a monogram to a handmade tote bag. You could follow any of the instructions and make a tote bag as shown above and then add the monogram, choosing the design of your choice.
10. Simple Quilted Zippered Tote Bag Tutorial
11. Small Quilted Tote Bag Instructions
You could even make it one or two sizes smaller than the one shown here to give it a purse-like appearance. For Halloween, you could make a tote bag with black fabric perhaps having white cats embossed on it.
12. How to Quilt a Red Rag Quilted Tote Gift Bag
If you are planning to gift it to someone for Christmas, then the flower pattern could be replaced with the template of Santa Claus, snowflakes or even reindeer. You could even go for colorful fabric straps or a burlap one to attain a rustic look.
13. Crazy Quilted Tote Bag DIY
13. Wine Tote Bag Pattern Tutorial
The spacious tote bag would be enough to accommodate your wine bottles.
A monogram in the center would add to the elegance of this tote bag.
15. How to Make Extra Large Tote Bags
The lined-design outside and printed pattern within gives the bag a boho-chic appearance.
16. DIY Floral Tote Bag Pattern
The felt flowers at the center enhance the beauty of this bag. You may even add tulle flowers in combination to the felt ones for a spectacular feel.
A pretty flower can even be made using the fabric that has been used inside.
18. Crafty Tote Changing Bag Directions
The abstract pattern shown here adds a sense of sophistication to the bag.
19. Easy Wine Bottle Tote Bag Tutorial
20. Stylish Homemade Quilted Tote Tutorial
The real leather straps would add durability to this big tote bag and not fall off if you carry a lot of heavy stuff in it.
With so many unique patterns available, you would definitely be able to make a handful of these useful tote bags for different occasions. You can change your choice of fabric in accordance to the occasion, for instance, it would be bunny for Easter, pumpkin for Halloween, Santa Claus and snowflakes for Christmas and so on.
Published on June 21st 2019 by Miranda Gibbs
Leave a Reply