30 Ways to Make Handprint Ornaments
With Christmas round the corner, decorating your home is definitely the topmost on your priority list, and what could be more enticing than small handprint ornaments. Besides decorating your home with these items, they would even serve as small giveaway tokens along with other things for visitors frequenting your home during Christmas. Check out the interesting tutorials given below to make enticing handprint ornaments in the festive season or during any other special occasion.
1. How to Make a Handprint Ornament
Salt dough,plaster of Paris or modeling clay are the alternative options if you do not desire to use baking powder. A mixture of green and red glitter would make it a perfect Christmas ornament.
2. Homemade Handprint Ornament Using Salt Dough
To capture memories of your LO’s childhood, this is perhaps the best and perfect idea.
3. How to Make Baby Handprint Christmas Ornament
Place ornaments of a handprint snowman, Christmas tree and a reindeer side by side for a total festive appeal.
4. DIY to Make Heart Handprint Salt Dough Ornaments for Kids
The red ornaments surrounding it, alongside the red ribbon, gives it a simple yet colorful look.
5. Easy DIY to Make Handprint Christmas Ornaments
6. Homemade Santa Handprint Ornament
The white polka dots against the red background makes Mr. Santa’s face look even more amazing.
7. DIY to Make Baby Handprint Ornament
There is no better way to recycle your embroidery hoop than to use it as a mode of preserving your little one’s handprint and decorating it as a keepsake ornament to cherish forever.
8. How to Make Homemade Handprint Ornaments
9. DIY to Make Handprint Snowman Ornaments
To give your little one the credit of his art, inscribe his name in prominent letters below.
10. Handprint Rudolph the Reindeer Craft Idea for Christmas
To recreate the old Christmas fable, you could also design Santa and stick it near the reindeer to give the impression that the latter is pulling Father Christmas’sleigh.
11. Interesting Ideas to Make Handprint Ornament for Christmas
12. Tutorial to Make Christmas Ornaments with Handprint and Footprint
These cute Christmas crafts made with hand and foot prints could be used as great give away gifts. You could even add a personalized message beside the name.
13. Directions to Make Santa Claus Ornament with Handprint of a Newborn
Instead of applying paint on your newborn’s hand, it would be better to trace out his or her handprints.
14. Handprint Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Salt Dough Ornament DIY
Following the same instructions you could also design an ornament modeled on any of the Disney princesses for your little girl.
15. DIY Plaster of Paris Handprint Ornament
16. Baby Handprint Wall Ornament with Clay
You can also give these as baby shower gifts by smearing your own kids’ hand prints on it in blue or pink paint and writing a cute message for the expectant mother.
17. Handprint Ornament for Baby as Keep sake
Do not forget to mention the date, so that while reminiscing the past you can get a record of when this cute ornament was made.
18. Mittens Handprint Ornaments DIY
Wrap the mitten in a showy ribbon for gifting it to your kids’ grandpa or grand mom on their behalf.
19. Penguin Handprint Ornament DIY
20. Christmas Handprint Ornaments with Snowman and Snowflakes
Instead of just drawing a snowflake on the Christmas ornament you could also make your kiddo give his or her handprint on a cardboard stock and shape it in the form of a snowflake.
21. DIY Toddler Handprint Ornaments for Christmas
22. Directions to Make a Glass Christmas Handprint Ornament
You could also overlap one finger print on to the other for a unique effect.
23. DIY Cardinal Handprint Ornament
The handprints could be taken on a paper in such a way that it resembles the body of a bird. Paste black paper for the beak and make a tail, also draw a branch for your birdie to sit on.
24. Salt Dough Handprint Ornaments for Preschoolers
These decorative ornaments would indeed be a great activity you can do with preschoolers. They would be interested in putting down their handprints as well as adding the embellishments.
25. Felt Reindeer Ornaments for Christmas DIY
You can simply adorn them as ornaments or even turn them into Christmas cards.
26. DIY Snowman Family Handprint Ornament
If you have more members in your family then a bigger ornament ball would be suited where many snowmen could be drawn, depicting each one of you.
27. How to Make Handprint Ornaments with Apple Cinnamon Dough
With applesauce and cinnamon, these aromatic handprints could be made for Christmas.Follow the dough making process from the tutorial in the link, and then you would need to put your kid’s handprint on it, let it dry and finally put it up with a showy ribbon as the one shown in the image below.
28. Glitter Sparkly Clay Handprint Ornaments DIY
29. How to Make Angel Handprint Ornament
This angel ornament would serve as a perfect tree topper.
30. How to Make Your Own Handprint Ornament for Christmas
Though most of the tutorials given above are for Christmas, you could make such awesome handprint ornaments for any occasion like Thanksgiving, and Halloween.Besides following the process of making a dough of clay, play dough , polymer or anything else, you could even go for simple ones using cardboard stock.
Published on December 20th 2018 by Miranda Gibbs
Leave a Reply